Before Intravenous Anesthesia
- Nothing to eat or drink (including water) for eight (8) hours prior to the anesthesia appointment
- No smoking 12-24 hours before surgery.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office. This escort should remain in the office and be available to drive the patient home at the completion of the procedure.
- Wear comfortable, casual clothing.
- Contact lenses and most jewelry should be removed prior to surgery. Removable dentures will also be removed prior to the procedure.
- Avoid lipstick and nail polish the day of the procedure.
- If you have a fever, stomach or bowel upset, or a cold, please notify the office prior to your procedure.
- If you routinely take oral medications, please check with your oral surgeon at your consultation visit to discuss how and when these medications should be taken.
- Patients must be escorted home by a responsible adult.
- The patients should not drive a motor vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following the intravenous anesthesia.
Today is and we have openings available. Call us now for an appointment:
Norfolk - (757) 489-1511
Virginia Beach - (757) 424-2672